It is most definitely possible to apply for an ICP while the yacht is still being build.
As there are no traditional ownership documents because the yacht does not yet have a history, you will only be able to register for an ICP if and when :
- the hull has a HIN code or a unique production number
- the engine has been fully installed
The following documentation will have to be supplied in order to apply for an ICP while your yacht is under construction :
- digital copy of your ID card or passport – make sure the ID card or passport is still valid!
- digital copy of HIN code or a unique production number
- digital copy of bill of sale of the engine
- photograph showing that the engine is fully installed
- digital copy of your company registrations, in case the yacht is owned by your company